Thursday, April 26, 2012

Screening of "My Heart is Not Broken Yet"

I was asked to post this:

The Women's Global Solidarity Action Network (WGSAN) will be hosting a
free documentary film screening of "My Heart is Not Broken Yet", a
powerful testimony of Song Shin-do Halmoni's continued fight for
justice as a former "comfort woman" (women who were drafted into
military sexual slavery during the Japanese occupation in World War
II). Come watch this courageous survivor, witness her story, and help
raise global awareness so we can get this issue resolved in 2012. "My
Heart is Not Broken Yet" tells the story of the trail and struggle of
Song Sin-do Halmoni who has continually campaigned for redress on the
issue of the "comfort women." Although she lost the trial she states
that "my soul is undefeated" which reveals her desire to fight for
justice.

The film screening will be on Sunday, April 29th at 3pm in the 시청각실
(screening room) on the fourth floor at the Seoul Women's Plaza. To
get to Seoul Women's Plaza, go out exit 3 of Daebang Station (대방역) on
line 1, walk 50m into the left alley. Seating is first come, first
served and the movie is in Korean with English subtitles.


Directions: http://www.seoulwomen.or.kr/nhpeng/intro/directions.jsp

For more information email: womens.global.solidarity@gmail.com

For the facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/264581113632923/

1 comment:

Magda Magdy said...

Hey there I was doing a research on comfort women and was wondering if I could by any chance land a copy of the film, could someone please upload it on youtube or any other medium with english subtitles, I think the world needs to see this film.. you can reach me on my email magda.magdy.90@gmail.com